Voting and Election
The following information is from the City of Rockville website, please visit the web page for full information on the 2019 municipal elections; https://www.rockvillemd.gov/415/Voting-Elections
VOTING & ELECTIONS
The City of Rockville will conduct a Vote by Mail election for mayor and four councilmembers this year.
Ballots may be returned by mail or in person at City Hall. All ballots must be received by 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019.
Vote by Mail provides more and better options, by sending the ballots to all registered voters, who may return them by postage-paid mail or a secure ballot drop box at City Hall, voters are not required to travel to the polls to vote.
Ballots will be mailed to every registered voter living within Rockville city limits.
KEY ELECTION DATES
- May 1, 2019: Candidate application information made available.
- 20, 2019: Deadline to register to vote.
- October, 2019:Ballots are mailed to registered voters.
- 5, 2019:Election Day. Ballots must be received by 8 p.m., in-person at City Hall or by mail.
Still have questions? Contact:
Every U.S. citizen living within Rockville city limits and over the age of 18 by Nov. 5, 2019 is eligible to vote in the city election.
You must be a registered voter in the State of Maryland to vote in Rockville's city election.
REGISTERING TO VOTE
From the Rockville City website, please visit the web page for full information on voter registration; https://www.rockvillemd.gov/1350/Register-to-Vote
REGISTER TO VOTE
Voter registration is available at any time. The deadline to register is Sept. 20.
Your ballot will be sent to the address listed on your voter registration record. Confirm your address is correct on your voter registration to make sure your ballot gets to you. Addresses provided will be used for election information only and not for other city communication.
If you are already a registered voter in the State of Maryland and a Rockville resident, you are automatically registered to vote in the city election.
You are eligible to register to vote if you are:
- A United States citizen.
- At least 16 years old. (You may register to vote at 16 but cannot vote until you are at least 18 years of age by the next general or special election.)
- Not under guardianship for mental disability, or if you are, have not been found by a court to be unable to communicate a desire to vote.
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Online: Montgomery County voter registration.
- In-person: Rockville's City Hall, a public library, U.S. post office or Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
- By phone:240-777-VOTE or 240-777-8500 to request voter registration forms.
CHANGE OR UPDATE VOTER REGISTRATION
Download the voter registration forms. Completed forms can be mailed or faxed to:
Montgomery County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 4333
Rockville, MD 20849-4333
FAX: (240) 777-8600